I'm NOT an expert. If I had the time, I would fully research these fantastic beauty shop equipment of yore, but I don't have time (and all the companies that manufactured/sold them, no longer have any information on them. I tried calling and asking several years back).
Anyway, the main thing is, your perm machine is worth ONLY what someone is willing to pay for it.
A perm machine that....
- is missing clamps, dented, highly rusted, missing accessories, doesn't work, expect to sell it for $0 to $50
- is working, but missing some clamps, has no accessories, and condition is good, can get up to $75
- is working and has all clamps, but some of these clamps are loose from the wires, good condition, get up to $100
- is working, all clamps are there, great condition, get around $200 or so
- is working, excellent condition, has lots of accessories such as units, cloth end wraps, original perm solution, etc, $500
- is working, like new condition, has lots of accessories, instruction manual, $1000+
Now that this has been posted, any future emails sent to me asking for the value of their perm machine will be deleted without response.